I thought I would do a quick overview of how I do post work on my shots.
1) First of all I shoot in full RAW. For landscape I will usually bracket 5 shots. This will allow me the maximum amount of play when im doing my editing (or if I screw up and clip the shadows or highlights..).
2) Then I move to downloading all my photos to LR3.4. I use a seperate calalog for each year. This way my catalog will mostly remain under 4000 shots for the year. This helps with speed and backup.
3) I parouse though all the photos and delete the junk and begin to work with what I like.
4) I do general tonal and expsoure adjustents with LR and do any tone mapping of possible HDR images with Photomatix Pro.
5) For most I photos will stop their post processing there, however some photos that I think have more potential will be imported into CS5 for final touch up.
6) In CS5 I will do everything from spot removal, scene adjustments, sharpening, filter effects, final color, burning and dodging to get the photo just to how I like it.
7) Share and post on Face+, IFL and wait for comments, thoughts and ideas..
Above, the first shot is a preliminary +1 exposure.
the second is a tone map of the 5 exposures from -2 to +2
the Final is a CS5 adjustment in which i have obviously removed many of the scene elements to bring focus to other parts of the photo..
Leave your thoughts below and be sure to check me out of Google+