Tags17-55 F2.8 70-200mm 80-400mm Banff Banff Hot Springs BC Biking Birds Canmore car Cariboo chase jarvis Cold CP rail d300s d5000 dashboard eclipse Google Green Lake Guard Chair HDR Kayaking Kelowna Lake Louise Lifeguard Long exposure Mist Nikon pano Parks Canada photo a day photography photostetch Pool Pool Deck Rocky Moutains sb-700 Silver Star Sun Rise Sunset the mission Train trey ratcliff youtube
Tag Archives: Sunset
I thought I would do a quick overview of how I do post work on my shots.
1) First of all I shoot in full RAW. For landscape I will usually bracket 5 shots. This will allow me the maximum amount of play when im doing my editing (or if I screw up and clip the shadows or highlights..).
2) Then I move to downloading all my photos to LR3.4. I use a seperate calalog for each year. This way my catalog will mostly remain under 4000 shots for the year. This helps with speed and backup.
4) I do general tonal and expsoure adjustents with LR and do any tone mapping of possible HDR images with Photomatix Pro.
6) In CS5 I will do everything from spot removal, scene adjustments, sharpening, filter effects, final color, burning and dodging to get the photo just to how I like it.
7) Share and post on Face+, IFL and wait for comments, thoughts and ideas..
Above, the first shot is a preliminary +1 exposure.
the second is a tone map of the 5 exposures from -2 to +2
the Final is a CS5 adjustment in which i have obviously removed many of the scene elements to bring focus to other parts of the photo..
Leave your thoughts below and be sure to check me out of Google+